Etifor restores the balance between humans and nature. How? By Improving the value of nature through science, innovation and governance. Our work is to help clients increase economic, environmental and social benefits of policies, projects and investments. Together we will challenge environmental and social issues with the aim of enhancing nature.
Being part of our team also means sharing our values; the only thing that matters to us is how green your heart is and not your background, origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities (check out our ethical code).
We are looking for:
- someone independent but able to support the company teams to deliver high quality grant proposals and bid documentation, managing both the administrative and technical contents;
- a colleague able to maintain a friendly and continuously interactive working environment;
- a hard-working and systematic person, able to develop smart approaches and self-organizing tools
- a person with excellent written communication skills, able to work under pressure to meet constant deadlines;
- a colleague interested in working with complex budgets and bureaucracy-driven donors and clients, while keeping a “yes we can!” approach.
If you feel that way then you’re the person we’re looking for!
- Tender and grants tracking: map, trace and analyze relevant international mission-related tenders and grants opportunities and report to Project Managers in a timely and efficient manner
- Partners and experts: sustain and enlarge existing partnerships and networks to achieve the company mission. Map and record key experts to fulfill bid requirements. Experts and partners contact management.
- Bid and proposal writing: draft and support drafting of successful expressions of interest, technical and financial proposals, for international mission-related donors and public clients such as World Bank (and other international development banks and institutions), EC and its agencies (EACEA, EASME), and national donors (AICS, MISE, MIPAF, etc.) in English, French and/or Spanish. The candidate should be able to elaborate and write technical contents with the support of our and external key experts.
- Administrative support: Support Project Managers during the contracting phase, administrative and financial management of tenders and grants (timesheets, budgets, supporting documents, etc.)
- Strategic work: Develop a company international tenders and grants annual and multiannual strategy (by donor and public sector) with the support of each Unit Director
- Develop and improve relevant company tools for the management of bids and proposals
- Management and updates of international grants, tenders and public procurement online company profiles
Other responsibilities may be added to value specific skills of the candidate.
Qualification, experiences and skills required
- MSc related to natural resource management and economics are a plus.
- Any MSc will be evaluated if backed up by relavant thematic experience (forests, climate, biodiversity, etc.) for this position.
- PhDs will be a plus
- Your educational background should allow you to technically write bids and proposals within the business sectors of the company with the support of key experts.
At least 1 years’ experience in one or more of the following roles:
- Proposal and/or bid writer and/or backstop. All aspects of bidding process including tender tracking, networking and consortium building, contracting and legal aspects, budgeting, technical proposal writing (methodology, work-planning and scheduling, building project-specific team and project CVs);
- Project planning and management. More specifically, defining scope, work structure, and activities; estimating resources and developing project schedules; estimating costs and developing budgets; identifying and assessing risks. Managing teams and clients.
Preferences will be given to candidates with:
- Other technical and scientific experience in the field of natural resource management;
- Six (or more) months’ work experience in developing country (Africa, Central and South America, South-east Asia, can be voluntary);
- Proven portfolio of international projects, as manager and/or writer.
- Fluency in Italian, English, Spanish and/or French. Preferences for candidates with knowledge of other international languages;
- Strong technical communication, writing and editing skills (drafting complex reports and proposals) at least in 2 of the above languages;
- Developing proposals in an analytical and scientific way (use of scientific references, systematic methodologies, etc.);
- Budgeting and financial skills;
- Project Cycle management;
- Good level of computer literacy (office, cloud services, etc.).
If you are aligned with our mission and you fit with this position, we will help you to grow within the company, have a good work-life balance, and have a positive impact on the environment, within an international smart and friendly workplace. In particular:
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international & smart consultancy working to connect humans and nature and dealing with the global challenges of climate change and biodiversity loss.
- A value-driven team, with 50:50 gender ratio and 35 average age.
- Mixed academic and business work environment. Etifor works together with the Department of Land, Environment, Agriculture and Forestry of the University of Padova and our projects are often focused on Research & Development.
- Flexible working hours and smart working approach (we have a results-based approach)
- Smart/Remote work is encouraged, but the candidate should guarantee office presence at least at least 3 days a week, especially during the learning phase. Other arrangements can be agreed during the interview and negotiation phase.
- Extra benefits: Company welfare plan (for sport, wellness, culture, family) and daily meal bonuses.
Start: from May, 2021
Location: Piazza Alcide de Gasperi n. 41, 35131 Padova, Italy
- 3 years (apprendistato, under 30) or 1 year (over 30), with a view to becoming permanent;
- Starting gross salary range: depending on experience and contract type;
- Full time contract / Part time contract (CCNL commercio).
The candidate must send the following information in English through the online form on this page (please select the following Application Type: Bid&Proposal) no later than April,18th. For further information write to email@example.com.
In the application form we ask you to attach the following materials all saved in one single PDF document.
- updated CV in English
- your cover letter (max 1 page) indicating why you fit with this position at Etifor
- a list of projects/consultancies you have been involved with, ordered by year, donor/client, title, your role (writer, manager, technical, etc.
- Any link or document that can prove your analytical, writing and editing skills.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a face-to-face interview.