Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a graduate student to introduce to our team as a Junior Officer and who is interested in carrying out a PhD. The subject of the PhD will be on traditional agricultural supply chains (cereals and nuts) and the potential reuse of by-products derived from the transformation of the raw, semi-finished or finished product.
The candidate must have a degree in agricultural (or related) sciences and have a passion for the processing of agricultural products. We are looking for a person capable of being involved in Research and Development in the field of circular economy and in particular in increasing the efficiency and enhancement of by-products of the agricultural supply chains.
Suitable applicants will have:
– no more than 29 years;
– Master’s degree in agricultural or related sciences;
– good knowledge of English;
– interest in scientific research.
Suitable applicants should have:
– previous work experience;
– interest in the environment and nature-related issues;
– interest and experiences related to circular economy and/or agricultural products.
What do we offer you?
The selected person will be part of the Etifor team and he/she will sign a Higher-level education and research apprenticeship – PhD Programmes contract (in Italian “Contratto di Apprendistato di alta formazione e ricerca – Dottorati di ricerca”).
The candidate, who must have a master’s degree and not be more than 29 years old at the time of recruitment, will follow a PhD course with the University of Padua and will be hired by Etifor. The theme of the doctorate will be related to the issues mentioned in this announcement and will be agreed with Etifor and the University. The doctorate will take place at the TeSAF Department of the University of Padua (Campus of Agripolis in Legnaro, PD) and the contract of Apprenticeship of higher education and research – PhD will have the same duration as the doctorate (3 years).
The selected candidate will have:
- the possibility of combining research and work;
- the possibility of being placed in a rapidly growing reality that works every day to improve the environment and society in Italy and around the world;
- a workplace immersed in greenery (University Campus of Agripolis in Legnaro, PD);
- a close-knit team ready to help him
How to apply?
The candidate must send the following information in English through the online form on this page no later than Sunday, May 5, 2019. For further information write to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the application form we ask you to attach the following materials all saved in one single PDF document.
- Curriculum vitae with list of your publications (if you have any)
- Letter of application
- Two Reference Letters (preferably in English)
- Research Project
Details about the Research Project:
The PhD project will focus on the circular economy and the innovative reuse of by-products from the agricultural supply chain. Please send us a research proposal of maximum 2 pages in which you should:
– choose the agricultural product supply chain;
– indicate the context and background of the problem;
– indicate the methodology;
– hypothesize the likely results and their commercial applications.
This is an exercise to test your ability to structure a research project. The proposal can be used during the oral interview and will allow us to better define the scope of research after the final selection.
The evaluation of the applications received will be carried out in three stages:
- Evaluation and selection of profiles on the basis of the requirements set out in this notice;
- Selected candidate will schedule an interview at the Etifor office in Legnaro (PD) Italy;
- Selection of better candidate and definition of the details.
The candidate may start his/her research work in the autumn (approximately October or November 2019). The possibility of collaboration before the start of the Phd programme will be considered if requested by the candidate.