Our team is constantly growing, which is why we are looking for bright and enthusiastic young individuals to join three of our teams:
- International Project Development (IPD), which works on European and international projects;
- Nature Governance, which supports protected area managers in the management of their natural resources;
- Forests, which supports forestry managers in developing innovative projects for forest restoration, conservation, and sustainable management.
The three positions we are looking to fill involve the following activities:
- Support in monitoring tender opportunities and grants: mapping, tracking, and analyzing relevant tender opportunities;
- Drafting and assisting in the preparation of expressions of interest, technical and financial proposals for international donors and clients. The person should be able to develop and write technical content with the support of IPD and key external experts;
- Administrative support: supporting Project Managers during contract negotiation, administrative and financial management of tenders and grants (organizing and managing project files, attendance sheets, budgets, supporting documents, etc.).
For Nature Governance:
- Support to the respective Project Manager in projects related to the economic evaluation of ecosystem services;
- Analysis of socio-economic impacts of projects, plans, and interventions;
- Cost-benefit analysis and socio-economic feasibility of projects and interventions.
Activities will include literature review, methodology definition, data collection (desk and field, including questionnaires), analysis and reporting, participation in project meetings and client interactions.
- Support the forestry project management team in the development and management of a pipeline of projects for forest restoration, conservation, and sustainable management in Italy and abroad, promoted through our WOWnature® platform. This activity will involve the preparation of contracts, agreements, and other technical and administrative documents related to the development and management of forestry projects, as well as organizing and participating in outreach, promotional events, and stakeholder engagement;
- Support the forest certification team in ensuring compliance with responsible forest management standards according to FSC® for forestry projects and verifying their positive impacts through the application of the FSC Ecosystem Services Procedure. Activities will include desk and field data collection, analysis, reporting, and organizing meetings with forest managers.
These activities are also suitable for thesis work if the candidate is interested. Additional responsibilities may be added based on your specific skills.
We value university studies with an economic and/or environmental focus. However, we understand that academic background is not the only indicator of a person’s capabilities. If you believe you have the spirit, knowledge, and skills required for this role, please submit your application!
No minimum experience is required for this role. However, if you have one or more years of experience in this sector, it will be valuable information for us.
For all three positions, the following skills are required:
- Fluent knowledge of English and Italian. Candidates with knowledge of other languages (such as Spanish and/or French) will be given priority;
- Good knowledge of the Office package, particularly Excel;
- Strong communication skills, particularly clear and effective writing style.
..to apply for an internship in the IPD team, it is PREFERRED to have:
- Some experience in proposal-writing in an analytical and scientific way (use of scientific references, systematic methodologies, etc.);
- Some financial and budgeting skills.
…to apply for an internship in the Nature Governance team, the following requirements are necessary:
- Familiarity with topics related to economics, environmental estimation, and economic evaluation of environmental goods and services;
- Basic knowledge of QGIS software (not mandatory but appreciated).
…to apply for an internship in the Forests team, the following requirements are necessary:
- Good interpersonal and networking skills to interact with public officials, agronomists and foresters, forest managers, and civil society organizations;
- Basic knowledge of QGIS software.