An experimental, innovative and integrated project to safeguard the environment through long-term actions.
- Responsible management
- Lombardy Region
Find out more about GESTIRE 2020
Biodiversity is a precious resource of every ecosystem and is at risk of impoverishment due to the progressive increase of pollution and the reduction of habitats. For this reason, the Lombardy Regional Government has decided to implement the LIFE GESTIRE | Natura che vale project, co-financed by the European Commission under the LIFE+ Program.
An experimental, innovative and integrated project for the conservation of biodiversity in Lombardy that aims to define a long-term plan for the management and conservation of sites, habitats and species within the Natura 2000 Regional Network in Lombardy.
The two main products were the Program for the Management of 242 Lombardy Natura 2000 Sites and the Priority Actions Framework. Detailed studies have also been developed about the socio-economic value of the Natura 2000 Regional Network, together with an analysis of past and forecasted management costs, and a portal for funding opportunities related to the management of the Network.
As a technical partner of the Lombardy Region, we have the responsibility to take care of:
- the development and the publication of a portal for funding opportunities for the management of the Natura 2000 Network in Lombardy;
- the writing of a summary document for the management costs of the Natura 2000 Regional Network in the period 2010-2011 and estimates costs for the period 2014-2020;
- a study of the funding used by the Natura 2000 Regional Network in the period 2010-2011 and possible funding channels for the Network over the period 2014-2020;
- the drafting of the Financial Plan for the management of the Natura 2000 Regional Network ;
- dissemination material including a summary document on the value of Natura 2000 in Lombardy.