Who we are
We are an environmental consulting firm: our mission is to restore the balance between humans and nature, and we do this through the use of science, innovation and good governance. We support public and private entities to improve the environmental, social and economic impacts of policies, projects and investments on the ground. As a spin-off of the University of Padua, we work locally and internationally bringing scientific innovation into everyone’s lives.
At Etifor we like teamwork, we work hard and we never stop being curious. Being part of the team means sharing our values and the path we have taken to be a discrimination-free work environment (find out more in the Ethical Management System). For us, the only thing that really matters is how green your heart is: we welcome and value (bio)diversity in all its forms!
Who are we looking for?
- someone punctual, precise and reliable, who can supports the administrative team and other programmes with a positive and proactive spirit
- someone with a good attitude for teamwork, able to integrate into an established team
- someone able to manage back office work methodically and with a long term vision
- someone with excellent interpersonal skills, able to maintain a good working environment
- someone who shares our company’s ethical and sustainability values and is sensitive to environmental issues
If you recognise yourself in these characteristics, then you are the person we are looking for!
The selected candidate will work in the Administration and Accounting Unit and will assist the coordinator, supporting the day-to-day management of accounting and administrative files. In particular, they will be responsible for the following support activities:
- loading and checking first note documents (e.g. bank statements);
- issuing invoices;
- recording Italian, European and Extra Europe invoices
- managing F24 tax payments;
- check and management of periodic tax printouts;
- updating the company’s management systems, in collaboration with the Project Managers;
- bookkeeping of accounting records;
- monitoring of payment and collection schedules;
- year-end controls (settlement entries) and preparation of economic reports.
Qualifications, experience and skills required
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- commercial Technical Diploma and similar;
- bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Economics or equivalent.
We consider candidates with at least one year of experience in the accounting and administration sectors.
Send your application only if…
- you are able to understand and write in English “without the help of google translator, deepl.com or your very best international friend, of course”. In fact, you will not only deal with numbers: we are an international team and have customers and suppliers from all over the world!
- Excel & Co are your bread and butter;
- you know double-entry bookkeeping like the back of your hand.
It would be even better if…
- you already have experience in ordinary and settlement bookkeeping entries;
- you have already worked with Zucchetti or similar accounting software.
What do we offer?
Etifor’s team will help you grow within the company in an international and friendly work environment. In particular:
- you will work for a dynamic, young and innovative company, with a balanced gender ratio and an average age of 33;
- you will be part of a team working locally and internationally to reconnect people and nature by addressing issues related to climate change and biodiversity loss;
- you will work in an environment closely linked to research and academia, offering you numerous opportunities for training and education (Etifor is a spin-off of the University of Padua);
- you will have a smart working contract, allowing a good balance between home and office, and a flexible schedule with a result-oriented SMART working approach;
- depending on your contract and years of employment, you will benefit from the Etifor Employee Welfare Plan, which includes vouchers for transport, travel, sports, wellness and culture, as well as daily meal vouchers of the value of €8 per working day.
Start: April – May 2023
Location: Padova (Italy) – Piazza A. De Gasperi n. 41, with possibility of flexible smartworking
Length: 1 year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of renewal for an indefinite period. 3 years apprenticeship contract for candidates under 30.
Starting gross salary range: depending on experience and contract type.
Type of contract: Full time contract
How to apply?
The person must submit the required documents via the online form published on the website by 02/04/2023.
In the online form, in the “Application Type” field, please select “Junior Accounting Assistant” and attach the following materials saved in a single .pdf file:
- Short covering letter stating the reasons for your application and underlining your strengths
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview on a date to be determined. Selections will be completed by April 2023.
For any other information, please write to us at email@example.com